A local mom has been named “A Better Future Mom” by Got Milk. Mae talks with Beth Seevers, co-founder of Runnin’ For Rhett, a movement she started to honor her son who passed away.
The creator of “Got Milk?” announces Beth Seevers as the winner for the “California’s Better Future Moms” and she is here to talk about her award.
Randy and Beth Seevers started Runnin’ For Rhett to honor their son who passed away. Their Our mission is to inspire people to Move into Life. Doing this through theirvision of nurturing healthy communities through fitness and nutrition. This Sunday they will be hosting their 5K run/walk event at Capitol Mall.
Applications are due by 11:59pm on September 9, 2016.
Congratulations to those who already have an aggressive start to this StayFit season!
This online StayFit tracking business is new to Runnin’ for Rhett and we continue to work out the bugs, but all in all I’d say we’re off to a good start.
Our website has just been updated to StayFit – Version 1.1 with the following improvements and bug fixes:
- NASA Passwords no longer required. While I still encourage you to set your password to secure, the crazy NASA secure passwords are no longer required.
- From the leader board you can click on any person and view the list of their work outs.
- Might be handy if you went for a run yesterday with Rhett’s Dad, forgot to log your miles, and don’t remember how for you went.
- Might also be handy to audit your own work outs.
- If you click on yourself from the leader board, you can delete bad entries.
- If you biked 26 miles and accidentally entered it as a run, delete the entry, then add a new one correctly.
Additional improvements coming in the near future:
- Remove the distance requirement on “other” workouts.
- For now, enter a distance of .01 miles
- Edit existing work-out entries
- A field to identify what type of “other” workout you performed
- Some links and buttons to improve user friendlyness.
More info about our StayFit program here.
The 2015 Deschutes Street Pub tour was a huge success, and we are so happy to learn that Deschutes will be back in Sacramento on October 8, 2016 as the final stop on their 2016 tour! We raised almost $100,000 with over 14,000 people in attendance during last year’s event, and we only expect this year to be even bigger and better!
Huge shoutout to our friends and partners at law firm Krogh & Decker, LLP. Long time supporters of R4R, this year the staff has made the relationship even more official by creating and committing to their new Community Involvement Program. The team’s goal is to donate 50 volunteer hours this year to R4R, and if they reach that goal, K&D will also make a monetary donation to us!
Runnin’ for Rhett is pleased to welcome new board member, Julian Pavao to the Board of Directors. Check out Julian’s profile here. As the Community Marketing Representative for Sports Authority, Julian comes to R4R with a background in sales, marketing, and leadership, and he will help R4R grow in the areas of marketing, volunteering, and our Youth Fitness Program.