- What is Runnin’ for Rhett?
A Non-Profit Foundation (501c3) -- TAX ID #26-141922
- What is the Runnin’ for Rhett Non-Profit Foundation?
Runnin’ for Rhett is a non-profit foundation that was founded on December 7th, 2007 by a grass roots group of family and friends that love Rhett Seevers. The group has grown to over 1,000 supporters. Our mission is to LET RHETT’S STORY INSPIRE those who feel defeated, UPLIFT those who feel down and ENCOURAGE all to take that first step, and MOVE INTO LIFE.
- Who/What is the beneficiary of the fundraising efforts of the Runnin’ for Rhett Foundation?
- Runnin’ for Rhett Scholarship Program - Each year, two scholarships are awarded to carefully selected Sacramento County college students that are enrolled in a “special education” teaching credential program. Our goal is to give the gift that keeps on giving to children with special needs - for years to come.
- R4R Youth Fitness Program: Each year, over $60,000 is funded to over 50 Sacramento area elementary, middle and high schools. The grant awards include a 5-week after school training program that provides a twice-weekly coached training program, a baby blue R4R cotton t-shirt and a entry into a designated race in April and November. Upon completion of their race, the students are also awarded a special race medal.
- I've heard about the training services provided by the Runnin' for Rhett Foundation. How do I find out more information about the training?
Runnin’ for Rhett uses spring and fall training as part of our fundraising efforts. Under the watchful certified eyes of Rachelle Hightower’s “High Five Team Training” - training is provided for the runners/walkers of all levels in both the spring and fall. All proceeds from the training are tax deductable and help fund the Runnin’ for Rhett beneficiaries. Please go to the Runnin’ for Rhett training page for additional details.
- I can’t participate in the training, but would still like to represent Runnin’ for Rhett by wearing one of the baby blue Runnin’ for Rhett Shirts. How can I get one?
If you are unable to participate in the training but would still like to wear a baby blue Runnin’ for Rhett shirt, you can become a Runnin’ for Rhett member by paying a $40 annual membership fee. The fee will provide you with a baby blue Runnin’ for Rhett shirt and also automatically enroll you on to “Team Runnin’ for Rhett”. During the off-season’s, Runnin’ for Rhett provides “Stay Fit” work outs twice each week. Go to the Training tab for more information and to sign up to be a member.
- I would like more information about the Runnin’ for Rhett Scholarship and the Runnin’ for Rhett Youth Fitness Program.
Click on the “Outreach” tab of the website for additional information.
- Besides the training programs, what other ways can I help support the Runnin’ for Rhett Foundation?
Runnin' for Rhett also raises money through fun events that are held throughout the year. Click here and provide us with your contact information. You will be contacted by our Volunteer Committee chairperson.