R4R YOUTH FITNESS RHETT REP PROGRAM
RACE DAY: SUNDAY, APRIL 22, 2018
BEFORE YOU GO:
- Contact your coach to discuss the activities you will be presenting/providing assistance with, and where to meet.
- Wear you Runnin’ for Rhett t-shirt!
- Rhett Connection: MESSAGE CARD From Adult Fitness member (In blue bag) and pens. Optional: Blank copies of message card for students to fill out (Have your coach make you copies) OR bring poster board(s) and multiple Sharpies/crayons, etc.
- Incentive items
- Your enthusiasm!
WHAT TO DO:
- Share the Message Card from one of the Runnin’ for Rhett Adult Fitness Members. The card is in your blue bag:
- Explain: Runnin’ for Rhett has adults who also train to run races just as you are doing now. One of them wanted to share with you why they run and what Rhett means to them.
- Read card. Help the participants reflect on why they are running. Ask them to think about what they have learned about Rhett, about nutrition and fitness. Have them share some of their ideas orally with the group. Options: If you made copies of the blank message card, have each student fill one out. if you brought poster boards, have them write down why they run and sign their name by their entry. Bring the poster board to the race to share with others!
- Assist with post-testing
- Encourage participants to attend Run Because You Can on April 22.
- Encourage participants to attend Rollin’ for Rhett on Monday, April 30th from 6-8pm at The Rink with their family.
- Complete other activities as agreed upon with coach for the session.
- Hand out weekly incentive awards. Decide with coach ahead of time the reason for giving award to child: listening, working hard, etc.
- Check your email for any final updates from the R4R Rhett Rep coordinator regarding race day.
- Confirm with your coach when/where you will be meeting your group on race day.
- See you at Run Because You Can.