BIGDOG extended until 3pm TODAY!
What is Big Day of Giving?
- Big Day of Giving is a 24-hour online fundraising drive on in May from 12am until 11:59pm when you can “give where your heart is.” Nearly 600 Sacramento-area nonprofits are participating with the goal of raising $6 million for the region. Runnin’ for Rhett hopes to reach our two goals of 150 donations and $30,000.
- In addition to the regular fundraising, the organizers have put together a prize and incentive pool worth nearly $1,000,000, making May 3 one of the best days of the year to donate.
- The minimum donation is $25, and there is no maximum.
How Can I Help?
- First and foremost, please DONATE during the 24-hour period.
- We are also competing in several prize challenges that could boost our dollars considerably. Please see the list below to read about how you can help us win some extra money.
- And finally, please SHARE! Tell your friends, family, and network all about Runnin’ for Rhett and why you choose to support us! Call, send emails, like, tweet, SnapChat — get the word out!
What Businesses Have Pledged to Match My Donation?
- Owen Dunn Insurance Services – Up to $10,000 – Donate between 12am – 10am
- KenMar Instrumentation Services – Up to $5,000 – Donate between 10am – 3pm
- VisionWise Marketing & Events – Up to $225 – Donate between 3-4pm
- Krogh & Decker, LLP – Up to $5,000 – Donate between 5-6pm
- Der Biergarten – 20% of all purchases made – Open 3pm – 9pm
Give me an idea of what my money would fund.
- $ 26 – will fund a student through one season of our program
- $ 52 – will fund a student for the entire school year
- $ 200 – will buy 100 medals
- $ 600 – will buy 100 shirts
- $1,000 – will buy 2,500 wristbands
What prize challenges can I help with?
- Blast Off Challenge: The nonprofit who receives the first donation of the day wins $3,000 (right at midnight!).
- Leaderboard Grand Prize: The nonprofit that raises the most $ donations wins $10,000. R4R is competing with other medium NPOs.
- Threepeat Challenge: The nonprofit with that has the highest percent increase in dollars raised online compared to their 2014 Big Day of Giving results wins $2,000. R4R raised $8,686 in 2014 and is competing with other medium NPOs.
- BIGDoG Donor Challenge: The nonprofit that receives the most unique donors overall wins $5,000. R4R is competing with other medium NPOs.
- Landing Challenge: The nonprofit that receives the last donation of the day at 11:59:59pm wins $2,500.
***There are several other challenges that will depend on LUCK to win! All that matters is that you donate what you can, when you can!***
***R4R will also be participating in several challenges on social media that are judged by a panel, so please interact with those to give them some extra umph!***
***The R4R board has committed to 100% Giving (entering R4R in a drawing for $7,000) and Board Member Shawn Krogh will be attending the official noontime event at Cesar Chavez Park (entering R4R in a drawing for $3,000).***
What will you do with the money I give?
- The money raised on Big Day of Giving will go directly to our Youth Fitness Program in the fall. We are expecting 60 schools and over 3,500 runners to participate in our 5-week training program, all culminating at our Run Because You Can 5K race on November 6, 2016!
Will There Be a Special Event?
Yes, R4R will be participating in two awesome events this year!
- Elk Grove Non-Profit Round Up at Project Ride
- Tuesday, May 3, 5-8 pm
- 8840 Southside Ave, Elk Grove, CA 95624
- Learn about Elk Grove Non-Profits, hear from the Mayor, and enjoy some yummy food and drinks
- BIGDoG BIERS at Der Biergarten
- Tuesday, May 3, 5-9 pm
- 2332 K Street, Sacramento, CA 95816
- 20% of all purchases will be donated back to R4R
- Donate $10 or more to receive a FREE PRETZEL