If you’d like to learn more about our Trail Race training click here
You can do it! All the information below is for our current Blue Crew season that runs August- December 2019. Take a look around and if you’re interested, ask us how you can get a FREE MONTH of workouts!
We are excited for the start of our 2019 Fall Training season!! Official training will start on July 27 at our season kick-off/ Q3 community gathering. We have exciting new things coming your way that will help you get back on track and MOVING INTO LIFE.
We have designated the following races as our “targets” for the season:
- Urban Cow 5K, Half Marathon, and Relay on Sunday, October 6. Be sure to register under Runnin’ for Rhett’s herd and use coupon code R4R for $5 off your registration. Register Here
- Granite Head Trails and Ales on Saturday, October 12. This race offers a long distance race (11.2 miles) or short distance race (6.6 miles) Use coupon code GHR4R for $5 off your registration. Register Here
- Run the Parkway 20-mile, Half Marathon, and Untimed 5k on Sunday, November 10. Use coupon code R4RrunsCIM for a flat rate of $55 any time you register. Register Here
BONUS ! California International Marathon (CIM), Relay and Capitol 5K. This is a two-day event with the Capitol 5K on Saturday, December 7 and the CIM on Sunday, December 8. Use coupon code R4RrunsCIM for 15% off your registration for the Capitol 5K and CIM Relay. Click Here to check out the CIM main page and choose which race you’d like to register for.
We still encourage members to branch out and target other races as well! We just ask that you keep the group informed so others can join you too. If you are interested in trail running check out our Rock n’ Root Crew!
Fall training details:
- Elk Grove– led by Randy Seevers and Ray Henson. Ray and Randy will meet at Original Mike’s Diner (9139 E Stockton Blvd, Elk Grove, CA)
- Greater Sacramento– led by Carrie Spencer and Helen McAuliffe. This group meets all around the Sacramento, Folsom, and Fair Oaks areas. Check meetup for a complete list of locations. If you have any questions feel free to contact email@example.com
- Pace Group Leaders will be provided for these locations to lead “All Run”, “Run/Walk” and “All Walk” groups. Check out our Meet the Pace Group Leaders Page for more information!
R4R training will continue to include weekly coached track workouts on Tuesdays in Sacramento (American River College),and Thursdays in Elk Grove (Cosumnes Oaks HS) and Sacramento (McClatchy High School). Track workouts will be led by Will Hightower (Cosumnes Oaks HS), and Rich Warner (American River College and McClatchy High School).
SWAG: Weekly attendance is awarded with points that can be redeemed at the end of the season for Runnin’ for Rhett apparel and merchandise.
The suggested training plan is located at the top of this web page.
Training will continue to be FREE FOR 30 DAYS for new meetup registrants and then $15 per month after for an individual or $25 per month for a family of four.
The meetup.com platform will be utilized for RSVPs, payment processing, and will include our full training calendar. Click HERE to access R4R’s main page on meetup.com.
REMEMBER: When you train with R4R, the monthly $15 individual or $25 family payments will fund local area students through our ever-popular Youth Fitness Program. You are getting fit, and you are helping our Sacramento area youth get fit too. WIN=WIN!
Grab a friend and come train with us! Remember, training starts Saturday, July 27!
Do you need step-by-step easy to follow instructions on how to best use the Blue Crew meetup page? Click here.