Welcome to Blue Crew in 2018! Come join us!!
Here’s how Blue Crew will work:
- Training begins Saturday, January 6 for THREE target races:
- Super Sunday 5K and 10K race on Sunday, February 4 – Make sure to use the Runnin’ for Rhett coupon code: R4RSRA18 (15% discount)
- Shamrock’n Half Marathon, 5K & 10K on Saturday and Sunday, March 10 and March 11. Make sure to register under Team “Runnin’ for Rhett”
- Sactown 10-mile and 5K race, on Sunday, April 8 – Make sure to use the Runnin’ for Rhett coupon code: R4RSRA18 (15% discount)
- R4R Blue Crews will meet at the following locations on Saturdays at 8:00 am:
- Sacramento – led by Beth Seevers. She will meet at the Panera Bread at the corner of Northrop and Howe (901 Howe Ave, Sacramento)
- Elk Grove – led by Randy Seevers and Ray Henson. They will meet at the Corner Bakery (8235 Laguna Blvd, Elk Grove)
- Folsom – led by Karin Springer & Eric Perryman. They will meet at Coffee Republic (6610 Folsom-Auburn Rd, Folsom)
- Blue Crew pace leaders will lead “All Run”, “Run/Walk” and “Walk” crews
- R4R training will continue to include weekly coached track workouts in Sacramento/Tuesdays (American River College), Elk Grove/Thursdays (Cosumnes Oaks HS), and Folsom/Thursdays (Folsom Lake Community College). Track workouts will be led by Will and Rachelle Hightower (Cosumnes Oaks HS), Donene Vukovich/Rich Warner (Folsom Lake Community College) and Rich Warner (American River College)
- A “master” training plan will be provided by Runnin’ for Rhett
- Training will continue to be FREE FOR 30 DAYS for new meetup registrants and after 30 DAYS membership will be $15 per month for an individual or $25 per month for a family of four
- We will continue to utilize the meetup platform for RSVPs, payment processing etc. – Click HERE to access the meetup.com R4R website
- R4R will have a team area at each target race
- DID SOMEONE SAY SWAG? This year weekly training attendance will be AWARDED with a special baby blue Runnin’ for Rhett 40 ounce, insulated flask. (valued at $40) To qualify for the special SWAG – you must attend 75% of all weekly workouts from January 6 through April 8 (20 or more workouts = 75% or more) Any official Blue Crew meetup can be counted as a workout. You must RSVP on meetup and your Blue Crew leader must confirm your attendance.
- Most importantly, when you train with R4R, the monthly $15/Single or $25/Family payments will fund local area students through our ever-popular Youth Fitness Program. You are getting fit, and you are helping our Sacramento area youth get fit too WIN=WIN!
Grab a friend and come train with us! Remember, training starts Saturday, January 6!
Do you need step-by-step easy to follow instructions on how to best use the Blue Crew meetup web application? Click here.