Have you been itchin’ to take your Runnin’ for Rhett to the next level? Need for speed? Aspirations for a podium finish? Well you’ve got your chance now!
Anyone is eligible to apply if you’ve met either the A or B standards shown below in the past 12 months in one or more races or can achieve the standard in an upcoming race between now and December 4th:
Training Schedule and Location:
Training begins July 6th
Wednesday nights 6pm – Interval, threshold and other quality workouts. Designed to prepare athletes for races from the 5K to ultra distances. Fair Oaks Brew Pub (7988 California Ave, Fair Oaks, CA 95628).
Saturday mornings – Meet-up for long run – Either run with regular RFR Saturday groups or options are arranged by email.
Training Program Benefits:
- Customized written training schedules and professional coaching
- Team uniform (technical shirts (tee or singlet), shorts, cap, cinch bag)
- Other swag (gloves, hats, shoe discounts, etc.) redeemed with points earned for overall and top 3 age group finishes
- Weekly Wednesday night workouts – Fair Oaks
- Coordinated weekly long runs or run with R4R Saturday groups
- End of year team celebration
2016 Qualifying Races
R4R Point Value
|7/30/2016||Fab 40s – City of Sacramento 5K Championship||$30||5K||1.0|
|8/27/2016||Race for the Arts||$30||5K||1.0|
|8/28/2016||Buffalo Stampede||$40||10 Mile||3.0|
|9/11/2016||Run to Remember||$35||5K||1.5|
|10/2/2016||Urban Cow Half Marathon||$65||Half Marathon||3.0|
|10/2/2016||Urban Cow 5K||$40||5K||1.0|
|10/23/2016||Folsom Blues Breakout 5K||$35||5K||1.0|
|10/23/2016||Folsom Blues Breakout Half Marathon||$65||Half Marathon||3.0|
|11/6/2016||Run Because You Can||$25||5K||2.0|
|11/24/2016||Run to Feed the Hungry 5K||$35||5K||1.0|
|11/24/2016||Run to Feed the Hungry 10K||$45||10K||2.0|
|12/4/2016||California International Marathon||$139||Marathon||4.0|
- A Standard qualifier – no fee [Please email Bob at BobC@runninforrhett.org to obtain 100% off coupon to be used at registration]
- B Standard qualifier – $75 for 2nd half of 2016
Code of Conduct
Professional and appropriate representation of Racin’ for Rhett. Here’s what that means:
- At races, wear only RFR team tops and shorts.
- Be respectful to all teammates and opponents. Acknowledge the accomplishments and efforts of others including all RFR members and youth.
- Lead by example. Encourage every athlete, teammate and opponent.
- Whenever possible, be charitable and give back to the running community by volunteering or other activities.
Questions? Want more info? Please send us an email at BobC@runninforrhett.org and we’ll be happy to assist.