Welcome to the Runnin’ for Rhett Youth Fitness Program. You, along with the volunteers who will be working at your school, are the keys to the success of our Youth Fitness Program. Thank you for giving your time and talents to help over 3000 children Move Into Life.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your main role as a Coach is to facilitate the workouts and promote Runnin’ for Rhett at your school. During the 6 week training period, which includes RACE WEEK, you will:
- Participate in at least two training sessions per week.
- Complete pre and post testing for 10 students and submit electronically by Dec. 8th. Stipends will be paid after testing is received.
- Complete student registrations by noon on November 16th.
- If you do not have a Rhett Rep, complete the Rhett Rep Activities on the R4R Youth Fitness Road Map
- Attend and enjoy the MaraFUNrun on Sunday, Dec. 3, 2017
- Have fun with your students.
WORKING WITH YOUR RHETT REP:
You may be partnering with the R4R Youth Fitness Rhett Rep responsible for your school. Your Rhett Rep will work with you to identify how they can help with the weekly training sessions.
Your Rhett Rep may be able to assist with the following: encourage and cheer on students, man/run a station during training, mark lap sticks, lead a game or other activity during training, share race etiquette with students, take pictures to post to R4R Facebook page, help organize and pass out shirts and bibs, or share info with coach and parents about the R4R Adult Fitness Program and volunteering opportunities.
TOOLS FOR A TERRIFIC EXPERIENCE:
- All materials to support your responsibilities will be available to you online at runninforrhett.org under the Youth Fitness tab.
- Click HERE for details about the optional Ribbon Incentive Program.
- A weekly email will be sent to you each Monday morning during the program. The email will contain links to the week’s materials and any important messages or updates.
- Please review weekly materials carefully so you can be prepared for your experience with the children.
If you have questions, please contact Karin Springer at Karin@runninforrhett.org or 916-804-6719 (text is quickest)