Rhett Rep Guide Overview
Welcome to the Runnin’ for Rhett Youth Fitness Program. You, along with the coach you’ll be working with at your assigned school, are the keys to the success of our Youth Fitness Program. Thank you for giving your time and talents to help over 2000 children Move Into Life.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your main role as a Rhett Rep is to represent and promote Runnin’ for Rhett at your school. During the 6 week training period, which includes RACE WEEK, you will:
- Participate in at least one training session per week. If your schedule allows 2 visits per week, wonderful!
- Facilitate the nutrition lessons during weeks 2,3 and 4 (lesson plans provided):
- Eating for Energy
- Healthy Snacks
- Present Rhett’s Story and the Rhett Rep Connections to the children (lesson guide provided).
- Attend and enjoy the MaraFUNrun on Sunday, Dec. 3, 2017.
- If you would like an even more rewarding experience, you may also attend your school’s pre-training assembly if they hold one.
WORKING WITH YOUR COACH:
You will be partnering with the R4R Youth Fitness Coach responsible for your school. Your coach will work with you to identify how you can help with the weekly training sessions.
In addition to the responsibilities listed above, you, along with your coach, may also: encourage and cheer on students, man/run a station during training, mark lap sticks, lead a game or other activity during training, share race etiquette with students, take pictures to post to R4R Facebook page, help organize and pass out shirts and bibs, or share info with coach and parents about the R4R Adult Fitness Program and volunteering opportunities.
TOOLS FOR A TERRIFIC EXPERIENCE:
- All materials to support your responsibilities will be available to you online at www.runninforrhett.org under the Youth Fitness tab
- A weekly email will also be sent to you each Monday morning during training. The email will contain links to that week’s materials and any important messages or updates.
- Please review weekly materials carefully so you can be prepared for your experience with the children.
If you have questions, please contact Lisa O’Shea at lisaO@runninforrhett.org or at 916-812-7996