R4R YOUTH FITNESS RHETT REP PROGRAM
Nov. 27- Dec. 3
RACE DAY: SUNDAY, DEC. 3, 2017
BEFORE YOU GO:
- Contact your coach to discuss the activities you will be presenting/providing assistance with, and where to meet.
- Wear you Runnin’ for Rhett t-shirt!
- Rhett Connection: WHY WE RUN (included below) Optional: Bring poster board(s) and multiple Sharpies/crayons, etc.
- Incentive items
- Your enthusiasm!
WHAT TO DO:
- Share the RHETT CONNECTION for the week: WHY WE RUN
Help the participants reflect on why they are running. Ask them to think about what they have learned about Rhett, about nutrition and fitness. Have them share some of their ideas orally with the group. Options: if you brought poster boards, have them write down why they run and sign their name by their entry. Bring the poster board to the race to share with others!
- Assist with post-testing
- Encourage participants to attend the MaraFUNrun race on December 3.
- Encourage participants to attend Rollin’ for Rhett on Monday, Dec. 10 with their family.
- Complete other activities as agreed upon with coach for the session.
- Hand out weekly incentive awards. Decide with coach ahead of time reason for giving award to child: listening, working hard, etc.
- Check your email any final updates from the R4R Rhett Rep coordinator regarding race day.
- Confirm with your coach when/where you will be meeting your group on race day.
- See you at the MaraFUNrun!